7.11.2006

The Secret

by Sherry Fraley

I know a secret, and it could change everything.

I was looking out the window and suddenly remembered that I knew this secret. But it has no words.
It’s something like eternal life, or just being born but being conscious of everything.
It’s like loving your enemy.
It’s like shaking hands with Death across a great ocean.

But it’s not these things exactly. It’s the hidden thing that makes all these things possible.

It’s like the twinkle in the eye that says everything without words, or the smell of flowers in the sun, or the sparkle on the sea.
There’s a smile that sees everything and feels everything and loves everything because the one who smiles knows this secret. Do you know it?
If enough of us know it, it will change everything.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
A rocky path is still a path, and a path leads to love. Walk with me.
Powered By Blogger