7.07.2006

Another Day in the World


Just another day in the world
Looking out my blind-slitted office window on the muggy July greenness
Here in the Atlanta suburbs
Where I never thought I'd be this long

Life does take some twists, doesn't it? Like a winding moutain path, it dips and climbs, too.

I miss winding moutain paths. It's time to go back to the Smokies. I haven't been to the Smokies since 30 pounds ago. Hmm. I should retrace those pounds. I just know the years would melt if I did.

And so ---
This is my first post in my first blog. What is my blog about? Yeah, I'm still getting that together. But I promise it will be interesting. If you are interested in things that interest me, that is. Hmm... So are blogs the ultimate me-centered, narcissistic idea yet? Nah. (I answer myself.) That's the most critical and negative take on it, I guess. We're just all reaching out, aren't we? Trying to connect in this crazy compartmentalized world. Yes, I think that's closer to the truth. We want to be seen, and we want to be heard, because . . . we feel invisible? Hmm. Maybe. Hey, feel free to put in your thoughts.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking about what this lovely blog is for and about and made up of and such. So, stay calm and laid back, cuz it's just another day in the world.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
A rocky path is still a path, and a path leads to love. Walk with me.
Powered By Blogger