10.01.2009

Stories

     It's always stories. Life is always stories. In the end, no one cares about "just the facts, m'am", unless the facts sound like a story, leading you somewhere.

     It's always stories. When someone asks "What's the meaning of my life? or "Who am I?" -- they mean "What is my Story? Where am I in it now? What makes it worth the telling? Is anyone else hearing it? Is anyone listening?"  Maybe our stories have many authors, but only one editor. We must shape and direct and, in the end, answer those questions for ourselves. And yet --

     It's always stories. Yours, mine, intertwine and influence, characters in each others plays, ghosts in each others visions. The characters in all the stories of this world are speaking at once. How can we listen to only one? Impossible.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
A rocky path is still a path, and a path leads to love. Walk with me.
Powered By Blogger